Host a Virtual Trivia Night
We know it’s not the time to be gathering together in large groups, but there are ways you can keep your social distance, and still raise much-needed funds for the Australian Paralympic Team.
Trivia nights can be so much fun. They are a great social activity (even when done online), and if you theme yours around the Australian Paralympic Team, the night can teach your members a lot about Paralympic sport.
Play in household teams, dress up, pay an entry fee and log-in ready to play!
We have one round of Paralympic trivia questions ready to go! To download these questions, all you need to do is register your event so you can fundraise online.
Tips for Organising
- Set a date that suits your group’s calendar.
- Encourage a theme around the Australian Paralympic Team.
- Promote the event through your newsletter, website and Facebook network.
- Register your event with Paralympics Australia.
- Share the online link to your virtual event. There are plenty of platforms that will facilitate a group chat e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams. Find one that best suits your needs.
Prior to the event
- Seek the support of volunteers to assist with funds collection and writing the trivia questions.
- Source some prizes for the gold, silver and bronze medal (1st, 2nd and 3rd) winning teams (or you could just play for fun!)
- Download the medals to give your winning teams. (available in the resources page accessible after your event registration).
- Determine how many trivia rounds you will have and prepare your trivia questions.
- Try to encourage a team of people within your group to help organise the night.
- Assign small tasks to all volunteers to prevent any one person from becoming overwhelmed. Use the checklist below to ensure all tasks are accounted for.
- Let everyone know why it is important to help raise funds for Paralympics Australia. Distribute our “Why Fundraise for Paralympics Australia” fact sheet early on and continue to communicate the information within it wherever possible.
- Register to begin fundraising online
- Set a date
- Distribute calendar invites, including the link.
- Write your trivia questions (don’t forget we have a round ready to go!)
- Source prizes.
- Download and print the medal for the teams that place first, second and third (available after event registration).