Ideas and resources for student engagement
- 2020 is the 60th anniversary of the first Paralympic Games – check out the Australian Paralympic History Project to research how the 1960 Games compare to now e.g. sports, equipment, community attitudes.
- Research why green and gold are Australia’s colours.
- Complete a research project on a current Australia Para-athlete.
- Encourage your class or school to ‘adopt’ a Paralympian in the lead-up to the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. Is there a local athlete you can support, or an athlete linked to someone in your school community?
- Write a letter to a Paralympian via our Paralympic Pen Pal program (coming soon…).
- Check out the Australian Paralympic Education Program, in partnership with Australian Beef, for a range of great resources for students and teachers. All lesson plans are linked to the Australian Curriculum and don’t require any specialist equipment, so they are easy to implement in the classroom (or at home).
- Visit our Tokyo 2020 Online Hub, your one-stop-shop for the Australian Paralympic Team.
- Download our #ReadySetTokyo Factsheet – a handy one-pager with tips for how you and your school could get involved to support the Australian Paralympic Team!